Latest update for Day 2 at Mt Feathertop

Weather Forecast Currently the weather forecast looks favourable for a finish on the summit of Mt Feathertop. There is a 20-30% chance or rain increasing later in the afternoon and a sticky 99% relative humidity. Wind 20-25kph and dropping as the day goes on and the temperature will be 15-17degrees on the summit.

Detailed weather forecast can be found here.


Our team is already in place at Federation Hut, and will make the decision in the morning regarding safety of participants summiting Feathertop, or alternatively stopping at Federation Hut (10km).


Many of you would have realised the great contrast on top of the mountains compared to the valleys and maybe those who were cold on top of Mt Buffalo today should make sure they have better clothing.

Please ensure you have all your mandatory equipment with you tomorrow.


Start Times

If you are a competitive athlete then you need to start after 7.30am. Today we had some runners start early and then put pressure on the organising team to be at the finish in time (we had our own race!).

And if you are keen to take out the 4 Peaks titles, you need to start at 8am.


Finish Check-in

While you only race to the top of Mt Feathertop and can descent at your leisure- please check in at the finish, grab a piece of fruit and a drink, and help us ensure you have returned safely down the mountain.

#bright4peaks